Wednesday, June 16, 2010

XLD: Multi-Codec Audio Conversion [Top 10 Mac Apps for Windows Switchers]

XLD (X Lossless Decoder) is one of my favorite apps for Mac. As we know, iTunes/iPod only supports Apple Lossless. I have a large collection of FLAC files and this allows me to quickly convert them.  This app allows me to rip my FLAC files directly to Apple Lossless or LAME V0 mp3 with one click.  And best of all, it transfers all of the ID3 tags and artwork.


Additional features include accurate CD ripping with cue and log sheet, WAVE, AIFF, Raw PCM, Ogg Vorbis (aoTuV), MPEG-4 AAC (QuickTime/CoreAudio), MP3 (LAME), Apple Lossless, FLAC, HE-AAC (aacPlus v1/v2), Wave64 and WavPack.  In addition, you can expand XLD with any codecs not included from Libsndfile.

A well rounded and easy to use interface that only improves with constant updates, XLD is a real winner- and FREE.

3 comments:

  1. XLD for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
    http://www.techisky.com/software/xld-for-windows.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think iDealshare VideoGo is the best XLD for Windows and Mac alternative. Here is why from http://www.idealshare.net/xld-windows.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010 tonymacx86 LLC