Monday, June 21, 2010

Customize Icons in Mac OS X [SwitchTip of the Day]

     
Sick of those stock icons in Mac OS X?  Here's a quick tip to re-badge and customize any drive or folder in OS X.  I have a few familiar custom icons that I use, and have gotten very used to.  My OS X experience just isn't complete without em! 
  1. Highlight the icon or folder you want to use for your custom icon.
  2. Type command-C or right-click and choose Copy.
  3. Right-click on any hard drive or folder, and choose Get Info.
  4. Navigate to the upper left corner, and highlight the icon.
  5. Type command-V or choose Paste from the file menu. 
That's it!  There are a ton of great free open-source icons available at InterfaceLIFT.  Check them out!  Here's a snapshot of my finder's sidebar- easier on the eyes in my opinion than a lot of blue folders. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey tony,

    Im in bit of a pickle. I have tried your unibeast+multibeast install for hackintosh, and it has gone fine. The only problem is, that it freezes and i can only move my mouse. It is like the CP has gone to sleep, and it displays pictures, but only the mouse operates.

    Please help me, i dont know what to do. It is also more than just me. Check out my post with all my specs:
    http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44552
    I know you are a busy man, but this is bigger than just me. For all we know, it could be 1000 people.
    The sooner you fix this issue, the better it is for the whole hackintosh community.

    Thanks so much for all you have already done.

    http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44552

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010 tonymacx86 LLC